Job no: 503491
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Dakar (WCAR), Senegal
Department/Office: Abuja, Nigeria
Categories: Support: Operations
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, NOB, the incumbent will be assigned the following responsibilities:
- Ensure effective management of staff travel arrangements by reviewing travel requests and confirming accuracy of information.
- Brief staff on all policies and procedures covering official travel ensures adequate controls are in place.
- Liaise with travel agents for reservations and ticketing for both local and international travels of staff members and consultants. Provide information to all on flight schedules and options. Occasionally request Headquarters for quotes for staff entitlement travels and follow-up with airlines for tickets.
Update in VISION local & International travel authorizations for UNICEF staff and Consultants, (approx. 2000 per year) as per the Administrative instructions on Travel procedures and process all staff travel entitlements.
- Ensure that the correct ticket costs and entitlements are updated using PR05 in VISION.
- Certify Travel Agency invoices / payments. Complete ticket payment to the travel agency on bi-weekly basis as agreed with the travel agent by charging the appropriate travel authorisation or Funds commitment. Ensures that reconciliation of tickets are done on a monthly basis with the Travel agents. Prepare quarterly reconciliation of travel agent accounts and share with the Administrative Specialist.
- Ensure that TAs are certified within 15 days of completion of travel. Inform the sections of the status of certification of travels and ensure that the PAs for the various sections certify trips are completed.
- Maintain a record of ticket refunds or credit notes from Travel agents and share with the Supervisor on a monthly basis. Ensure ticket reconciliation with the Travel Agent is done regularly on a monthly basis.
- Provide advice to International staff and assist them and their dependents in processing request for visas, diplomatic identity cards, drivers’ licenses and other relevant personnel-related documents, in accordance with the requirements of the United Nations and the country of the duty station locations.
- Register official vehicles and assist with the registration of vehicles for internationally recruited staff and dependants. Ensure that official vehicles are roadworthy and have up-to-date insurance coverage annually.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
Education – Completion of Secondary education or Diploma or a University degree in accounting, business administration, economics or financial management.
Work Experience: Minimum of six years of relevant work experience in Administration or Operations in general with UNICEF. Knowledge in VISION/SAP would be an asset.
Work experience in emergency duty station is an asset.
Language Proficiency: Strong communication skills with need for proficiency in English, both written and oral and knowledge of the local language of the duty station.
Competencies Required: In addition to the core values and core competencies the following functional competencies are required: Analysing [I] Applying Technical Expertise [II]; Following Instructions and Procedures [II] Planning and Organizing [II] Drive for Results [II].
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Application close: W. Central Africa Standard Time