Deadline: 17 April 2017
The British High Commission in Kigali and the British Embassy Office in Bujumbura are accepting project proposals for the newly created Global Britain Fund for financial year 2017-18 with an aim to build a better relationship between security forces and the general population.
The Global Britain Fund is a UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Fund, with country allocations devolved to British Embassies and High Commissions. It brings together previous funding streams such as the Bilateral Programme Fund, the Magna Carta Human Rights Fund and the Rules-Based International System Fund into one single Fund.
- Preventing Sexual Violence in Burundi
- Security and human rights in Burundi
- Minimum limit: £10,000
- Maximum limit: £100,000 (for preventing gender-based violence projects); and £50,000 (for security/human rights projects)
- Greater domestic and international awareness of sexual violence in Burundi, with a reduced number of cases and increased access to justice for survivors of sexual violence through domestic and international tools
- Improved human rights and security in Burundi via a better relationship between security forces and the general population
Bids will ultimately be assessed against the following criteria:
- Value for money
- Alignment with the above mentioned priorities
- Project design including clear and achievable outcomes
- Project sustainability , including the capacity of implementing organisation (s)
- Capacity to network with local administration- population-security forces
- Risk and stakeholder management
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the concept bid form via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Britain Fund.