Deadline: 31 May 2017
The Women’s Peacepower Foundation, Inc. is seeking nominations for its Women of Peace Award to reward ordinary/extraordinary women around the world who work without funding or recognition for the universal goal of peace, fairness and true justice within the lives of women and their families.
The Women of Peace Award recognizes women in the US and other countries that:
- demonstrate how violence against women and children is at the root of other forms of violence that tear at the fabric of the world
- hold officials, institutions and governments accountable for their brutality against women and children
- teach future generations the power of non-violence
From the foundation’s beginning in 1998, WPPF’s awards have been given to help make our homes, streets, and schools safer and more peaceful. The awards have been given to selfless, passionate women and girls who are working to promote peace. They receive a small monetary award, a certificate, award necklace, attendance at a workshop on non-profit development and receive technical assistance to help their project grow to reach more people. The purpose of the organization is to encourage grassroots projects to continue their life-saving work. WPPF seeks out small, under-funded peace activism projects. The foundation accepts recommendations for winners of Women of Peace Awards.
Women of Peace Award recipients will also be eligible to receive technical assistance in fundraising and long range planning. The program’s goal is to help small projects gain stability.
The recipients will be honored through a small financial contribution, a minimum of $250 made to the non-profit organization of their choice that is working to promote peace.
How to Apply
- Print the nomination form and email or mail the nomination at the address given on the website.
- Include information and a photo demonstrating the types of activities the person has been involved in either through work, or as a volunteer.
- Talk about how applicants think their Women of Peace Award nominee has taken action in an area of violence against women or children.
- Don’t forget to include a contact name, address, and phone number and applicant’s nominee so that they can gather further information.
For more information, please visit Women of Peace Award.