Deadline: 31 July 2017
The Public Affairs Section (PAS), U.S. Embassy Abuja, is seeking applications from individuals, non-governmental organizations, and academic institutions for its Public Diplomacy (PD) Grants Program to support exchanges between the U.S. and the Federal Republic of Nigeria with the aim of improving mutual respect and understanding.
The PAS Grants Program supports projects that:
- Advance good governance in Nigeria through the promotion of improved transparency and accountability in government, rule of law, and enhanced civic participation.
- Increase public support for U.S.-Nigerian cooperation in entrepreneurship and economic development, science and technology, and cultural exchange.
- Support peace and security through civic education, countering violent extremism programming, and peace and reconciliation projects.
- Improve and expand English language learning through curriculum development, teacher training, and partnerships with U.S. education institutions.
- Floor of Individual Award Amounts: $10,000
- Ceiling of Individual Award Amounts: $50,000
- PAS encourages applications from organizations located in Nigeria, the United States, or abroad including:
- Not-for-profit and civil society/non-governmental organizations with at least two years of programming experience and with evidence of registration.
- Individuals with two years of not-for-profit, project management, or education experience; and,
- Registered educational institutions.
- PAS encourages applicants to provide cost-sharing from additional sources in support of projects, but cost-sharing is not required.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
Eligible Countries: United States and Nigeria
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.