Deadline: 31 May 2017
The UNDP Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (GEF-SGP) in Ghana has announced a call for proposals to award small grants to Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and community groups for the most innovative initiatives.
- Enhancing sustainable forest and agroforest landscape management for biodiversity conservation.
- Innovative agro-ecology models and mechanisms for conservation of carbon stocks in the forest and savannah land use.
- Improving governance of land management decisions and secured ecosystem.
- Reduction of GHG emissions in agriculture through Climate Smart Agriculture.
- Waste and Chemicals Management.
- Capacity development and knowledge management.
Small Grants of up to US$50,000
Applicants must be:
- Local non-governmental or non-profit organizations with valid Registrar Generals Department and Department of Social Welfare certificates; or
- Community/farmer-based organizations/groups registered/recognized by the relevant District Assemblies, and demonstrate the capacity to organize, design, prepare, manage, and implement projects directly;
- Residing and/or operating within the Black Volta Basin of Ghana (namely Bole; Banda, Jaman North and Tain Districts). CSOs outside this georgraphic area must show evidence of collaboration with local community groups/organizations.
How to Apply
For application form, please send an email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.